Tuesday, December 2, 2008

But, I trust...

Was reading in Psalm 31 tonight. It's funny how I'm supposed to be much further along in this book, yet each time I do manage to read at night (like I committed to), God smacks me in the face with stuff. It's a really cool thing, except for when it hurts.

Verse 14 comes right after the author has been talking about how horrible his life is. The author says "But, I trust in You, O Lord; I say 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. Let Your face shine on Your servant; save me in Your unfailing love...How great is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You, which You bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in You."

Lately, it feels like it's very easy to distrust God. Even though He's doing some really cool things, I just don't like a lot of the stuff He's doing. If I were to be dramatic, I would say He's letting my enemies walk around willy-nilly and do whatever they want (I say dramatic, because I really don't have that many enemies to speak of, but the point is still, well, pointy). These verses reminded me that when I look at my world and it looks like things are falling apart at the seams, I need to say "no matter what, I trust in You." I love the phrase "my times are in Your Hands" -- especially this week as I look to get WAY more stuff done than what I actually have time to do. God's got this, whether I see it or not, so why not believe it without seeing it and receive that much more grace with my faith?!?!

No comments: